• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ratnapaala

ratnapaala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:13 AM

Hi everybody, I am newly registered, one question puzzling me a lot, any one knows the so-called caracteres carres (square character?) listed in the appendix of Victor Henry's Precis de Grammaire Paalie?
I find no more information concerning the script except the poor table given there, is it possible that it is the one used in the 5th Council under the presidency of the king Min-don-min, Mandalay Burma? Or if it is not the one used at that time, what kind of script is used then (none of the picture i downloaded is discernable)?
Thanks for your attention!

#2 Bhikkhu Pesala

Bhikkhu Pesala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, Meditation, DTP, Font Editing, Web Publishing

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE(ratnapaala @ Jan 6 2008, 02:13 AM) View Post

Hi everybody, I am newly registered, one question puzzling me a lot, any one knows the so-called caracteres carres (square character?) listed in the appendix of Victor Henry's Precis de Grammaire Paalie?
I find no more information concerning the script except the poor table given there, is it possible that it is the one used in the 5th Council under the presidency of the king Min-don-min, Mandalay Burma? Or if it is not the one used at that time, what kind of script is used then (none of the picture i downloaded is discernable)?
Thanks for your attention!

Without a copy of at least a portion of the text, how could we know what script was used? It could be a Unicode Pāli font, Burmese, or anything.