#1 Johann (Hanzze)

Johann (Hanzze)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

Dear Dhammika and Dhammikinis (I hope the spelling is right),

Since about one year, I try to develop such as a virtual Vihara, since it is not easy that somebody who sticks to higher virtue would be able to access the internet, the most of us are used to.

It’s a layman project and all we have is dedicated for the noble Sangha at least and should be given as soon as is proper adjusted.

If you like to get known more about it, please read Erecting of a virtual Dhamma – Vinaya monastery, Generelles Konzept

Within such it was of course needed to supply the tipitaka as well and so I requested the transmission of the Chaṭṭha Sagāyana - Tipitaka as a Sanghika Dana and to take care of it which was generously given as such by the late Goenka or the Vipassana Research institute for this porpose.

How ever, I could manage to integrate some parts of it, the most important Vinaya and the Jataka (mula and commentraries) till now.

You may get more information about the past deeds here: Tipitaka project (you might also get some ideas about the actual raw works need to be done)

As I am limited in time and possibilities, I would like to request if somebody would like to make some service directed to the noble Sangha and likes to take care of:

1. Integration

It is merely a copy and paste work, but needs a lot of care and concentration, so a perfect work at least.

1. Maintenance of it

Integrate anchors to provide good reference point.

1. Accessibility and service for the benefiters

To invite and serve Bhikkhus and Bhikkhunis to get the needed access and to take care of the functions and files.

1. Support eventually developments within this given possibilities

It’s a 100% giving and letting go task and you your mind and inspiration should be directed in regard of the noble Sangha and or Nibbana and there are no worldly rewards at all to be expected.

What you should bring with you:

Much joy with good deeds and a punch of good effort. A will to do something and to make a great service, every thing else should be no problem and things are not really that complicated.
For point 2 and 4 it would be great if you have some good overview of the Tipitaka already, but also this can be learned while doing.

Your work is fully in the frame of self responsibility, of course there will be support as much as possible.

So you are welcome to participate and in the case I can not be reached personally, please get in contact with the Aramikas and Aramikinis at the forum.

You are of course also invited in regard of critics and rebukes as such is always important. Please feel invited to get in contact in what way you every like.

metta & mudita

#2 Johann (Hanzze)

Johann (Hanzze)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

Dear supporters of the Sangha and their heritage,

Currently there is a very urged situation and it might also show you it very need an purpose. To get it a little understood, please feel invited to read carefully as well as to help in what kind every you feel fit, may it be with making people understand the issue or by sharing the information, so that devoted and uncorrupted people with potential influence might be informed.

(note that the OP issue is merely secondary, even it would carry a possible solution)

Oxford University is on the way to make the Dhamma to a legal article of trade!

Anumodana!

#3 Johann (Hanzze)

Johann (Hanzze)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

Meanwhile I have continued to work a little on and maybe it is useful for other "undertakings" as well:

Index Saṃyuttanikāya (Mūla)

Content:

1. Sagāthāvaggapāḷi
  2. Nidānavaggapāḷi
  3. Khandhavaggapāḷi
  4. Saḷāyatanavaggapāḷi
  5. Mahāvaggapāḷi
  6. Notes

The lists contain the links to the certain Sutta. The blue underlined "|§..|" link leads to the external resource of tipitaka.org (Vipassana Research Institute) and will open a new tab in your browser. Not that the anchor leads to the first paragraph of the Sutta and in the case it might not work (the anchors are put under the reference "name" which is not supported by all html versions) just go to the command line of your browser and click enter, so it would move to the certain place. The additional numbering SN.... i|s reclined on the PTS counting system, but not made even and coherent yet.

The full list of references (intern with anchors on id and to the Tripitaka website) are found on the Index page Index Saṃyuttanikāya (Mūla)

Attached you may find an excel list with might be useful for further works. Please note that it is intended for the Sangha and not so much for private gains, nevertheless, the links to tipitaka.org might be useful for personal purpose as well.  

Uhhh... I an not able to attach. No problem. I will put it later on the linked resource page as link for a download.