2 replies to this topic

#1 CuRRY

CuRRY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:36 PM

Warm warm Greetings to you all.

I been a silent member of this site for awhile like a year or so? ( i think?). I enjoy reading the posts, as they serve for nice food for being.

To say a little about myself..

My name is Craig but everyone calls me "Curry". Im 36yo male from Cleveland, Ohio.
I am also very into mediatation and Theravada Buddhism.

I have a little different approach to the same practise. I mean, I have been on retreats to Bhavana Society in W.V. and I do find very screne parks and forests great for meditation. But, here in Cleveland where I live my conditions are very different.

To describe it.. I grew in the city. As a youngster, I was a aerosol street artist,skateboarder.I knew my way through all the nooks and crannies of Clevealnd's inner-city ghetto's...Ever knowing that they would come back to serve truth to me.Now, in my later years... some of these places have served for great retreats and long silent meditations. I refer to them as "grunge" sittings. One might say that this is a type of ascetic practise however, I tend to enjoy the middleway reflection.

Overall, since I have no Temples , I guide myself under my own practise that is to my best in accord with Theravada teachings.

Anyways,

Thank you again!

with Metta

Curry

#2 RobertK

RobertK

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:34 AM

thanks for joining Curry, look forward to your posts.

#3 CuRRY

CuRRY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE(RobertK @ Apr 16 2008, 09:34 PM) View Post

thanks for joining Curry, look forward to your posts.

Thank you,,Maybe someday I may add

Still, It is a great pleasure to be here.

smile.gif