• 12 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:42 PM

Dear Dhamma friends

How are you?

The following is my recent post to DSG.

Dear Daniel, Howard W, Herman H, Scott Duncan, Dan D and all

How are you?

Daniel wrote:

"If I think A, but another person who is smarter than me thinks B, isn't it actually smarter of me not to think A but to think B, since I will rely on a person who is smarter than me?

Is there a fault in this reasoning? It seems that there is, but where??"

Yes, Daniel. There actually is a fault in your reasoning. Not just it seems that there is - as you thought.

The place in which your fault lies is your preoccupation or obsession with wanting and needing to be or appear smart or smarter. Put it another way, your competitive mindset is where you go wrong.

By the way, if you want to cure yourself of the theist disease (belief in a creator), drink regularly the Buddha's teachings on the Four Noble Truths as taught in Dhammacakkapavattana Suttam, and Dependent Origination (Pa.ticcasammuppaada) as taught in Mahanidaana Suttam and other related Suttams, and, of course, practice mindfulness meditation as taught in Mahasatipa.t.thaana Suttam and other related Suttams.

In addition, if you are able to find more time and energy, study Abhidhamma Pi.taka that will surely kill off your belief in a creator because Abhidhamma explicitly demolishes the concepts of a person (puggala), of a being (satta), of self (atta) and of a soul (jiiva).

Once you appreciate the Buddha's teachings on personlessness, beinglessness, selflessness, and soulessness, you will become a Noble Atheist destined for final liberation (nibbaana), the Goal Of Every Genuine Full Buddhist such as followers of Noble Theravada. By the way, Mahayanists cannot be regarded as genuine full Buddhists as they plan to be reborn forever in the Existential Loop (Samsaara) in their misguided ambition of wanting to become saviors and in their wrong belief in the existence of beings to save!

Belief in a creator and / or not being a genuine full Buddhist are the result of being misguided and not understanding properly Dependent Originnation and the Four Noble Truths.

Long Live Noble Atheism that is liberating!

With kind regards,

Suan Lu Zaw

www.bodhiology.org

( Daniel <daniell@...> wrote:

Hey All,

Perhaps I will rephrase my question.

If I think A, but another person who is smarter than me thinks B, isn't it
actually smarter of me not to think A but to think B, since I will rely on a
person who is smarter than me?

Is there a fault in this reasoning? It seems that there is, but where??

( One could say that smart people say different things. But if that is the only
reason, it imlies that if the smart people would say only one thing, the
reasoning above would be correct ?)

Thank you,

sorry for the silly question, Daniel