• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andyR

andyR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:10 AM

Hello, I'm new to the forum but not new to Buddhism. Until the creation of the Internet, I spent most of my time meditating, doing yoga and reading very little. Now I've changed a little and hope to learn more about the Buddhist literature by communicating with people over the Internet. One day I might seek out other Buddhists, or even join a community but as of yet I have no plans to do so.

AndyR biggrin.gif

#2 RobertK

RobertK

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:22 PM

Thanks for joining Andy. IMHO you have chosen an auspicious forum to learn about Buddhist literature. There are some knowledgeable laypeople, monks, translators and Buddhist writers that are members here. Any questions or comments you have are welcome.
Robert

#3 Lawrence

Lawrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:24 PM

If it's ok with andyR I'm going to add my introduction to this forum along with his. My history with Buddhism is quite similar, thirty years or so of reading and thought on the subject, zen, dzochen etc. and finially now for the last two years focusing down to the real core of the Buddha's teaching, Theravada which for me anyway means none of the wonderful distractions of the other schools of Buddhism. I also have avoided buddhist organizations the reason being to much ego, game playing and personal opinion (both from others as well as developing in myself. I have joined on here because this looks to be a serious approach to Dhamma. My hats off to Robert I notice how many important topics you have introduced. I think I've talked to long on myself ( or not-self)

With metta
Lawrence

#4 RobertK

RobertK

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:01 PM

Thanks Lawrence and Welcome!