Abhidhamma Vipassana

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Scott Duncan_*

Guest_Scott Duncan_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2006 - 03:08 AM

Dear Robert,

I just thought I'd extend my congratulations and gratitude for this new Forum you are putting together. May we all be able to enjoy together the benefits of a sincere and earnest examination of the Dhamma!

Sincerely,

Scott.

#2 Bhikkhu Pesala

Bhikkhu Pesala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, Meditation, DTP, Font Editing, Web Publishing

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:59 PM

The new forum looks very nice, and has some knowledgeable members. I emailed a few bhikkhus to inform them of the new forum. The number of members may grow slowly at first, but more may join in later.

My general advice is to keep posts brief, and not too academic. Summarize and comment on the key points in an article and post a link to it, or attach a DOC or PDF (if you think it may disappear), rather than posting the entire article in the thread. Many readers' eyes just glaze over on seeing posts much bigger than a single screen.

#3 RobertK

RobertK

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:38 AM

Thank you very much Venerable Pesala,I wondered who had invited some of the Bhikkhu members.
It is a good idea about keeping posts short.
But I also want this forum to be a resource that all of us can use to find quotes etc, that may be useful in writing articles or for answering challenges in other forums. I will try to reach a balance:)

I've added a link to the forum on the www.abhidhamma.org homepage . It is the top website in google search for Abhidhamma so we should gradually build up a very Theravada oriented membership.
with respect
Robert

#4 chewsadhu

chewsadhu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(RobertK @ May 15 2006, 01:38 PM) View Post

Thank you very much Venerable Pesala,I wondered who had invited some of the Bhikkhu members.
It is a good idea about keeping posts short.
But I also want this forum to be a resource that all of us can use to find quotes etc, that may be useful in writing articles or for answering challenges in other forums. I will try to reach a balance:)

I've added a link to the forum on the www.abhidhamma.org homepage . It is the top website in google search for Abhidhamma so we should gradually build up a very Theravada oriented membership.
with respect
Robert

Welldone Mr. RobertK,

I like this forum very much. As Venerable Pesala said, some of the posts are too long. If we can keep it short, it will be better.

with respect
Chew